Share

Only 45 days left: Telenor urges customers to register their SIMs

• Multiple online and physical channels available for SIM registration
• Failure to register SIM cardswill be considered to be non-compliant with government regulations and will result in service disruption

15thFebruary 2017, Yangon - Telenor Myanmar Limited (“Telenor”)urges its customers to register their SIM card by the deadline announced by the government. The Posts and Telecommunications Department of the Ministry of Transport and Communications has directed all mobile operators to register their SIM cards for all customers by 31st March 2017.

“Telenor has already made multiple online and physical registration channels available to help our customers register their SIM cards at their convenience. So far we are encouraged that approximately 70% of our customers have successfully registered their SIMs through these channels. We continue to urge the remaining 30% of our customers who are yet to register while the SIM card to do so, as the registration deadline is just a little over 40 days away,” said Joslin Myrthong, Chief Marketing Officer at Telenor Myanmar.

Access to Telenor’s online solutions are available via http://ecaf.telenor.com.mm, on any mobile or WiFi data network. To register through the mobile app, customers may download the ‘My Telenor’ app from http://bit.ly/mytelenor24 for both Android and Apple devices.

Additionally, more than 42,000 designated retail shops decorated with ‘SIM Registration Available’ signage are also providing SIM registration related services. Telenor’s 90 branded shops in major cities and towns throughout the country continue to provide SIM registration services.



Telenor is organizing ‘SIM Registration Days’ across the country to inform customersregistration benefits and help them get registered on the spot. Telenorhas partnered with Lighthouse entrepreneurs in 52 townships across the country to help customers register their SIM at their convenience. The company expects to announce additional partnership with other institutions within a few days.



SIM registration is a requirement mandated by law and with registered SIM, customers will enable to securely use services like mobile money, and will get protection in event of SIM loss or other service-related issues. Failure to register their SIM card is considered to be non-compliant with government regulations and will result in service disruption to customers’ subscribed mobile services. The mobile services will continue to be disrupted until SIM card is registered.

For media enquiries, please contact:

Alex Nyi Nyi Aung (Mr.)
Corporate Communications
Telenor Myanmar
nyinyi.aung@telenor.com.mm
(95) 9 79 100 0006