At Telenor, we believe mobile communications is for the many, not just for the few. We are here to help our customers get the full benefit of communications in their daily lives.
Facts in brief:
- Telenor obtained licenses in Myanmar in February 2014 and has been providing mobile voice and internet services using 2G and 3G GSM technology since 2014.
- Our network will be ready for LTE (4G mobile communications network) and future technologies at launch, and we plan to cover 90% of the population of Myanmar within five years.
- Telenor will be a mass market provider with a wide distribution network. We believe in being close to consumers with a full range of products and services, regardless of where they live.
- We will work with authorized distribution and retail partners in all regions and states, and union territory of Myanmar to establish a network of 100,000+ retailers within five years of network and service roll-out.
- Telenor is part of a global company, but we are a local business. We aim to promote a vibrant business environment that inspires industry innovation, responsible business practices and opportunities for local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Telenor is built around people. Telenor is committed to being a responsible, employer-of-choice in Myanmar. Our corporate culture is built on openness, collaboration, empowerment and inspiration, and we aim to help our people and partners realize their full potential through skills and leadership training and exposure.
- Telenor is aiming to build a workforce of 1,000+ employees, in addition to creating another 2,000 job opportunities through indirect employment with local business partners and vendors. We prioritize the hiring of Myanmar citizens.