SIM cards are required to be registered by Myanmar law. PTD has instructed mobile operators to limit the number of SIMs registered to individual customers to two (2). You can only register two Telenor SIM cards to your national ID (NRIC).SIM cards are required to be registered by Myanmar law. PTD has instructed mobile operators to limit the number of SIMs registered to individual customers to two (2). You can only register two Telenor SIM cards to your national ID (NRIC).
If you want to check your registration, please send “REG” to number 500, or dial *979*3*3#.
If your SIM cards is registered, you will see the NRIC number of the registered card holder. If you need to change the registration, please use one of the routes outlined above.
Not all SIMs have been registered to the current SIM card holder. This is due to difference practices and regulations over the years since Telenor launched its services in 2014.
If your SIM card has not been registered, your SIM card risks being barred after 30 April 2020 and terminated after 30 June 2020. To avoid any disruption in services, please use one of the methods for SIM registration outlined above.
There are no charges for SIM registration. When you register your SIM card successfully with your NRIC, you can grab free data or balance.
In light of the COVID-19 situation, we recommend that you use online channels such as this website or the MyTelenor app to register your SIM card.
If you need to visit a Telenor shop or seek assistance from our representatives, please keep safe distance from other and protect yourself.
The following options are available:
• Telenor Myanmar website: http://ecaf.telenor.com.mm
• Download the mobile application “MyTelenor” from Android and iOS at http://bit.ly/mytelenormm and register there.
• Register through our Facebook messenger: https://www.facebook.com/TelenorMyanmar
• Register through our Viber: https://chats.viber.com/TelenorMyanmar
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit your nearest Telenor branded store at 200+ different locations across Myanmar.
Whether you register online or at a shop, you will need the following:
• Your SIM card (and your handset)
• Your NRIC card or your passport (for foreigners)
A successful registration contains your full name, your NRIC number and photos of the front and back of your NRIC card.
To register your SIM through self-registration channels
(http://ecaf.telenor.com.mm or MyTelenor app), you need to log
in using Connect ID, Telenor’s own authorization service.
Upon login, you will receive a 4-digit code to your SIM.
Use this code to enter into system and continue the registration.