- Plans & Offers
- Telenor Star
Telenor Myanmar now offers Direct Carrier Billing (or DCB) option which is a mobile payment option that lets you download and purchase digital content like games, movies, music, eBooks, apps, etc. from Google Play Store and charge it to your Prepaid balance.
"Apps" or applications are computer programs designed to run on smartphones, tablet computers and other mobile devices. Mobile games, factory automation, GPS and location-based services, banking, order-tracking, ticket purchases and recently mobile medical apps are few examples of mobile apps.
There are literally thousands of apps on the Google Play Store! You can select and download the apps that you want. They are categorized under Games, Movies, Books, Apps, etc., and inside each category is a view of Top Paid and Top Free apps that are downloaded by other users. Most of the apps, around 80%, are free to download, while around 20% of them are chargeable. Some of the apps are also on a Freemium basis. When we say "Freemium" that means the apps are free to download but have in-app purchases. In-app purchases are credits/points that you need to buy while going through the application, mostly applicable in games. In-apps purchase features, in the meanwhile, are additional content or services that can be found and purchased within a mobile application. For example, Clash of Clans is an App and the Gems that you would like to purchase in app for better gaming experience.
Telenor subscribers who use Android phones and have a Google account logged in to Google Play Store can now make applications and in-app purchases by following the below steps:
Step 1: Go to Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
Step 2: Select the App you would like to download/install.
Step 3: Click the price button
Step 4: Select "Telenor Billing" to pay your app via Direct Carrier Billing which will detuct your Telenor phone bill.
Step 5: Click "Buy"
Step 6: An account verification page will be displayed next. You will be asked for password to login to your google account if you do not login before. Once the account verification process is complete, you'll be directed to the registration process. Registration process happens only once during your first purchase. Enter your name, phone number, and billing address.
Step 7: Accept the ‘Terms of Service'. That takes you to the page where you see the app name along with the price details that you wants to purchase. The price is exclusive of consumer tax. You will be charged 5% consumer tax above the displayed price.
Step 8: You will receive the purchase confirmation receipt to your email which you used in previous steps.
Let’s say that you choose Direct Carrier Billing Option as a method of Payment for your downloads from the App store and you will be charged immediately for your app purchases from the Google Play app store. Prepaid users have not limit for Google Play Store purchases via DCB so long as you have enough load to make your purchase.
You will receive real-time email from Google to your email which is used in your google account for Play Store. Take note that the amount reflected on your bill is the amount charged for your Google Play purchases exclusive 5% VAT or Commercial Tax. If you want to know the breakdown and records of all your app purchases, you can go to your Google Play Store account > under purchase history. As an alternative, you can also get in touch with us via chat, contact form, or the Telenor hotline at 979.
By purchasing or clicking “download” bottom at Google Play Store, it will be deemed that you are agreeing to all terms of Services of the Google Play Store and Telenor Direct Carrier Billing methods mentioned here under without any exception.
Telenor Myanmar is not responsible for the content and setting prices at Google Play Store. The use of content from Google Play Store is subject to terms of agreement between you and the content provider (developer of the content).
You can request a refund to Google for your purchased content within first 2 hours of your purchase on Play Store or if is more than 2 hours or you are dissatisfied with your purchased content, you can contact either Google or Content provider via email.
For more information, you can visit here.
1. By purchasing or downloading an app from the Google Play Store, I confirm and acknowledge that I agree to all of the terms of service mentioned hereunder and at here.
2. I acknowledge and agree that all data, information or privacy information that I am providing will be stored, processed, forwarded and maintained by the relevant processors or App developer or Google or the operator I am using.
3. All consequences such as bill deduction and system changes resulted from the App purchasing or downloading or installation shall be my sole responsibility and I am willing to accept all such consequences.
4. I acknowledge that the operator I am using is supporting for billing purposes only and it will not be liable or responsible for the quality and quantity of digital contents, backgrounds and graphic designs, drawing, languages, wordings, characters and overall message or intentions or purposes of the App or games or applications or programs and any intellectual properties rights associated thereto.
5. I acknowledge and agree that all consequences resulted from the downloading of the App or games or program shall be sole responsibility of me.
6. I acknowledge and agree that I have checked the compatibility of the device, handset or tablet or computers whether it is portable or unportable which I am using to download and install the App before I download and install the same and I have sufficient knowledge for the consequences that may be arose out of or in connection with the App downloading or installation.
7. I acknowledge and agree that I has attained the age of 18 and above or I am under my parental control and monitoring to download and install any app or program available on google App store.
8. I acknowledge that Telenor has no liability or responsibility for the types of App, content, designs and information requested or required by the App or the App store to run the App smoothly.
9. I acknowledge that the operator I am using to purchase App from Google Play Store has no liability to refund or reimburse for the app that I wrongly or mistakenly purchased or downloaded.
10. I acknowledge and agree that the operator I am using will deduct or charge my mobile balance for the App price or fees I download from Google Play Store.
11. By downloading any app from Google Play Store, overall consequences including bill deduction, bill refunding, upgrading or system configuration or data transferring and data processing by all relevant parties such as google, Telenor and App developer are fully agreed and accepted by me.
12. I confirm that I am willing to provide all types of data including my personal information and banking information, and access rights to the App or App developer for provisioning of better quality Application Services.
13. I confirm that I will keep my operator (Telenor) to be fully indemnified for all third party’s claims or charges which relates to my usage or downloading of the Apps.
Google Play Store (in another terms: Google application store) is an App store where you can download apps and it is a factory built-in for majority of android smart phones.
There are thousands of Apps on the Google Play Store and you can select and download the Apps that you want. They are categorized under Games, Movies, Services, Music, Business, Social, Entertainment, Books, Apps, etc..
Some Apps are free to download, while some others are chargeable. Some Apps are also on a Freemium basis. "Freemium" means the apps are free to download but have in-app purchase feature. In-app purchase features are credits/points that you need to buy while going through or using the application, mostly applicable in games. For example, Mobile Legends and PUBG in which you need to buy gems/diamonds to upgrade or modify your heroes or skins of characters who you are playing
It means you can use your Telenor phone bill to purchase the digital contents (like apps) from Google Play Store.
It is secure to purchase an App from Google Play Store.
You need a Gmail account to log in to Google Play Store, sufficient Telenor phone bill, an internet connection (either WIFI or mobile data) and free memory space in your phone.
It is easy and you can create a Gmail account anytime at this link: here.
Currently, we only allow Prepaid customers to purchase app/digital content from Google Play Store via Direct Carrier Billing system.
You can purchase as many apps you want from Google Play Store by using your Telenor phone bill. Please remember that you need to have sufficient storage space in your mobile device.
You can purchase/download App from Google Play Store by following step by step guideline at: here.
You will receive your Google Play Store purchase receipt to your Gmail account from Google once your purchase is successful.
You can see charges for your purchase in purchase receipt email sent by Google to your Gmail account.
No, it is exclusive of any Tax. Applicable Commercial Tax 5% will be added over the prices shown in Google Play Store in accordance with the existing laws.
You can redownload the app again for FREE from Google Play Store using the same Gmail account which you used to purchase previously.
You can request a refund to Google for your purchased content within first 2 hours of your purchase on Play Store or if you are dissatisfied with your purchased content, you can contact either Google or Content provider. If it is after 2 hours of purchase, you can write an email to Google for the refund. For more information about refund policy, you can visit at here.
Telenor Myanmar is not responsible for the contents, background themes, culture, choice of words and interpretation of contents and prices at Google Play Store. The use of content from Google Play Store is subject to terms of agreement between you and the content and App provider (developer of the content and App). On the other hand, we suggest you to check and verify what other contents and information are to be collected from you before you give permission to the subject App.