Along with political and economic reforms, Myanmar opens up to more foreign investments, and lays a position for a sustainable and high economic growth. McKinsey’s 2013 report stated that Myanmar is expected to quadruple its GDP by 2030, and An International Monetary Fund (IMF) report published in 2012 highlighted that the country could become “the next economic frontier in Asia”. Myanmar has promising ground for strong economic development due to its rich natural resources, strategic geography and abundance of workforce. Given these dimensions, the government and the private sector require more skilled human resources with proper qualification in order to keep up with the global trend. Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the most pursued qualifications in Myanmar and majority of students need to self-finance for MBA qualification from globally-recognized awarding bodies.
Telenor MBA Scholarship Program is specifically designed to fulfill the country’s need for human capital growth through proper experience and certification. By collaborating with Myanmar Metropolitan College which affiliates with University of Business and International Studies, Switzerland, Telenor Myanmar offers full scholarship to highly talented students pursuing Master of Business Administration specialized in Telecom and ICT Management.
The Program is open to public and aims to
- Equip the students with practical and up-to-date knowledge and skills, relevant to the telecom industry and Myanmar economy, by Telenor senior experts who have had several years of experience in various markets or countries besides regular MBA courses
- Provide MBA in Strategic ICT Management certificate in addition to general MBA certificate from foreign affiliated university.
- Create shared valued as an enabler for human resource growth for telecommunication industry and Myanmar economy
Duration: Start - 2018, End - 2021
Website - http://www.yourmmc.com/
FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/myanmar.metropolitan.college/
See below for details information on the scholarship.
Telenor MBA Scholarship Information
- Must be a Myanmar citizen.
- Must be able to attend MBA classes in Yangon
- University graduate with strong academic merit
- Must be passionate to contribute to the improvement of a business, social or public organization using ICT/technology as sustainable solution
- Must not be a current employee of Telenor or MMC
- Completed Scholarship application form (online)
- You will be asked to upload the following documents via online scholarship application. Please have them ready in scanned or photo format before you begin online application. Only PDF, DOC, DOCX, PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF files are supported.
- NRC card (both side)
- Household certificate (both side)
- Official bachelor degree certificate
- Official bachelor degree transcripts (final transcripts of grades and courses)
- Recommendation letter from current employer if applicable
- Income statement from current employer if applicable
- Resume/ CV
- Other achievement documents
- Passport photo
- A personal statement (300-500 words) in which you:
- explain why you are particularly deserving of Telenor MBA Scholarship
- include details of your family background
- outline your career objectives and demonstrate how the studies you plan to undertake at Telenor MBA Scholarship program with contribute to these objective
- how you will contribute to the society with the knowledge gained obtained from the MBA program
- include your name and NRC number at the top of the page
- Submission of Scholarship Application with required documents
- Placement Exam
- Scholarship Exam
- Personal Interview by Telenor and MMC for shortlisted candidates
- Final winner(s) announcement
(Note: shortlisted candidate for each stage will be contacted by the college)
Application deadline :
14 September 2020
Apply here for Telenor MBA Scholarship application
For more information, please contact the college at 09 2633 34223